Sep 8, 2017

Update: RiversHedge going silent, at least temporarily, as of this post

Gotta complete my hurricane prep.  Tomorrow, I'll be hunkered down in a relatively dangerous zone that has a minor advantage re storm surge, but we'll see.  After that, there is a good chance of no power and a long hard cleanup in the near future and for weeks to come. On the back end of all of this it seems doubtful that I will continue this blog in the same way for several reasons:

1. My readership is too tiny to attract advertisers and while that was never my goal, I thought maybe I could have some minor stream of income at some point.  Of course I did not market particularly well (at all) but that is something for another day.  The payback is all personal and while that is gratifying and all...

2. My goal has been achieved in fact.  The goal was to use the blog as a way to force myself to learn retirement finance; document it in a formal, retrievable way; and then put it out to the universe in case one other human found what I just learned useful in any way.  And, you know, I have learned a s**t-load about retirement finance.  I'm not totally sure what would be next besides being a practitioner or an academic, neither of which is going to happen, or at least not this year.  Ask me if I still have house on Monday.

3. I'm guessing I am going to have an awful lot of time I need to spend on other things in the next 2-6 months or more.  Blogging is fun and useful but other things, as is often the case, are more important in the end.

After the hurricane I'll probably come back in some form but maybe something different than frantic coding and spreadsheets and maybe some more reviews, commentary, etc.  But the same idea from me: don't sell, don't lecture, don't tutor, just learn something new and report. For now: family (and pets) first, hurricane second, blog later.

Regards,

RiversHedge

No comments:

Post a Comment