Sep 11, 2017

Rivershedge Lives!

Some tree damage.  Lost power for about 5 hours. A bunch of branches in the yard.  Some widespread destruction around me, though.  Not so bad except that it was generally pretty terrifying the whole way through.  Three days ago I thought I was going to be living in a tent, rebuilding a life and a house brick by brick. Now? What's my takeaway?  It's either: a) I dodged a major bullet and got very very lucky and I should, as soon as I can or at least when my kids are a little older (does 5 minutes count as older?), consider finding a way to move out of this nutty state to someplace I actually want to live, or b) blow off the next cat5 hurricane that comes my way as no big deal, I mean, hey, I survived "the strongest storm in the history of the Atlantic."  Readers of the blog would not be surprised to find me leaning a particular direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment