Nov 19, 2017

Bitcoin madness

In April 2014 I bought a single bitcoin.  This was not an exercise in investing or technology but just an investment in attention and education.  I knew extremely little about blockchain but I figured it would be important in the future.  Past experience told me that having skin in the game helps me focus my attention so I bought 1 coin.  For $430.  It is now worth about $8000.  By my calc that is something like 125% compound growth.

Now what? I have no idea.  I am in no mood to sell and in no mood to buy.  The original purpose stands.  I have used my position to go out of my way to read papers, articles and even standard internet dreck to update what I know and what I know is still "not much."  My position could go to zero or infinity tonight and I guess I don't care (ok, infinity would get my attention).  I will continue to keep my finger on the pulse of what is going on, though, and we'll see what happens.  My guess is that there will be volatility and uncertainty about everything (taxation, hacking, forks, fraud, illegality, etc) pretty much forever.  The big question for this blog is to ask to what extent this "thing" has anything to say to the forces of retirement finance.  For now I'd say nothing but it's possible that the future of retirement jurisdiction shopping for places that are friendly to late age retirement capital could theoretically include a blockchain component.  Who knows.  Today it's Florida.  Tomorrow...no idea....





4 comments:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!..
    bitcoin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. Bitcoin Kaufen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Bitcoin Kaufen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me? I'd follow Tadas Viskanta over at abnormalreturns.com. His linkfest posts generally have a pretty consistent list of links to cryto topics.

      Delete