Dec 17, 2016

MC sim V2.201 complete and I'm done messing around with it

Ok, this sim project was fun enough but my kids are hungry and the dirty laundry is piling up. Don't ask about the sink.  In the final stretch I added a feature for a couple future streams of income like SS or annuities. On the other hand, I don't have any features for separate taxable and non-taxable portfolios or IRA start dates and the like. Anyway, I finished up. I cleaned off the desk and ran it on myself.  Before I show the image, note that: a) six or seven years ago I had fail rates that were in very high double digits, b) I started building this not because I am enamored of simulators but rather I was both ticked off at my fee-charging planner and I also wanted to learn some modern software development skills, and c) I'm not webifying this thing or making it available for commercial use.  This is just for me for the heck of it.  Now, if you were to want to send me a check or a series of checks, that's another matter altogether.  My latest version:

-fail rate under 2% for this run after a half-provision for SS was added
-30,000 sim runs; took about 7 minutes
-assumptions are private and the term. wealth axis blanked out



No comments:

Post a Comment