Feb 5, 2020

Twitter broke my pinned thread

"Todo dia um leão, vovô." from a twitter follower: "every day a lion, Grandpa"

Twitter is the new censor (and jester) of the kingdom.  I had a "pinned tweet" that put myself out there a bit and they broke the thread entirely.  I figured it was going to be there for a while but I keep forgetting that Twitter is a "gaming platform" and they own the game.

Just for fun here is the original thread to the extent that I can reconstruct it. Most of this is redundant with my page above with my fitness stuff as well as a previous post on the same topic. I just felt obligated to rebuild what Twitter broke apart. Edits added for clarity and flow.

-----

see also:
 - some late-age core work 

-----
1/  My Path

I burned myself to ash in a crucible of my own making, with 11 years of dead-walking, to find my own path mentally and physically. That’s a really long time. Now? Examples of fitness-follows I use at 61 to stay alive:

@TheForeverAlpha
@Mangan150
@_CynthiaThurlow
@jerryteixeira

2/ The Game…

Fast: consistently, not obsessively >=18:6
Eat: high protein, low other. Count calories, nix alcohol
Lift: often, progressively, with ROM. Recover
Balance: hormones, sleep, stress
Excellence: attempt it always and everywhere, with purpose

all that = hope for 60+ crowd

Results [maybe Q3 2019]:



/3 Some other follows:

@allicovington
@Mattvjohnson
@Chris_DFB 
@HynesDm
@tellquint
@DanielKellyTRT
@FitzgeraldSTA
@IngriPauline
@ClintShelton5
@SBakerMD
@FKetogenics
@ThePrimalMan
@anymanfitness
@jackdcoulson
@MasculineDesign
@Rob_NBF
@Matt_S_Stephens
@AJA_Cortes


4/  Why Those Follows?

It’s not exactly that I do what they recommend or buy their programs, it’s that they seem to be the closest confirmation of what I figured out long before I even knew what a Tweet was a year or two ago.

/5 Some Side Benefits

To round out thread, some of my follows (e.g., @_CynthiaThurlow) enabled me to open a dialogue on this stuff with three teenage girls. Try THAT in your house sometime without being murdered. Note that I am not selling any program and receive nothing for my plugs. Twitter, eh?

6/ Post script to 1-5: 

pic on left [above] was Xmas 2016 close to 200lb. Right was this week [Q32019] at ~169. Turned 61 in July[2019]. Started program casually from zero Q3 2017, seriously in early-mid 2018. BF in mid 2018 was 23%. Now approx 15, maybe less [under 15% by Dec 2019].   5’11” tho I bet I’ve shrunk. My 6-6 bro is now 6-5

7/ Chaining something else to my pinned tweet... 

I hit another fitness goal in mid-to-late 2019: For older dudes that follow: I'll assert age is not an excuse, though it may take a good long while. 61 and I *finally* hit all but 1 goal today. Down 35lb plus strength goals hit. Took me about 2.5 years with periodic caloric and alcohol suppression.  Now legs ;-)


[The reason for the two pics, other than pure vanity, was to show the difference between ~15-16% above and a punch down to ~14% below. If I hit 10% I'll do it again...]

8/ Update 02 05 2020: 

1) still at ~167. Body fat is a little lower I think but haven't checked. Using more recovery.
2) will never trust twitter again even as a small inconsequential account. They move goal posts.

9/ My fitness Page

At the top of the blog there is a tab with a cover of my fitness program. Covers the same ground with more detail on the plan.







2 comments:

  1. you shave that beard and pretty soon you'll look like a 30 year old with that kind of body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids flipped out the last time i shaved. Plus, I’m lazy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete