Dec 12, 2018

fattailedandhappy on FIRE and 4%

Here is a site I haven't seen before (fattailedandhappy.com) and a post I just read ($1 Million Isn’t Enough).  I may have the world's smallest quibbles or extensions to this post, perhaps, but this dude is totally right-enough for me. The chart of "probability of being broke" is probably a bigger deal than even he is making out. Also note that: me? I got supper lucky and, in his framework in the conclusions, did conclusion #3.  Watch out for #4, though. earlyretirementnow.com has a good piece (not linked) on how spending retrenchment may not save you at all but I think that's what fattailed got at in sentence 2 of conclusion 4.  I have expended 1000 times as much digital ink to make the same points he makes in one short post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment