Aug 17, 2019

A reminder

I had a really nice recommendation from abnormalreturns the other day to come here for retirement math. I just wanted to remind my readers:

- I have no formal training in math. My last calc class was in 1977.

- I have no formal training in statistics or probability. My last statistics class was intro in grad school circa 1987, probability theory never.

- My formal training in finance is limited to a concentration in an MBA program (again ~1987) which, if you know MBA programs, is typically shallow. Mine was.

- I am a student here, reporting what I learn, rather than a teacher.

- I am not an academic nor am I a finance professional. I have no designations or titles and I make no income off this blog or any profession related to finance other than managing my own wodge.

- Everything I report is incremental, one straw on top of another, all of them no doubt on a camel's back.

- If you come here for retirement math as a reference you will be sorely disappointed if you look too closely.  I'd rather that you defer to someone like earlyrirementnow, in, say, this post.

- The most I can say is that I read a lot and am willing to pick up excel and R for test drives and I have no conflicts of interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment