Feb 25, 2018

On how to characterize my blog...not to mention your blog

In a book review on the clandestine literature of pre-revolutionary France ("A Taste for the Taboo" by James Penrose, a review of Robert Darton's The Forbidden Best-Sellers of Pre-Revolutionary France; The New Criterion Feb 2018) I ran across this quote from Diderot about his Encyclopédie  which I found to be an apt description of blogs in general and mine in particular:
[it was a] "sink into which [were] haphazardly tossed an infinite variety of poorly digested, good, bad, disgusting, true, false, uncertain, but always incoherent bits."
No doubt I quote this not really to describe blogs as such but because I secretly desire to show my children -- in a desperate last minute attempt to role-model before they go off to college, a time point at which it might just be a tad late for such things -- that I read something (anything!) other than SSRN.com pdfs on geometric mean analysis, perfect withdrawal rates, and pension accounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment